Web Developer, Photographer and Connoisseur of Cheesy Puns
I'm Jay, a full-stack web developer by day and internet junkie by night. In 2006, I officially started my career after moving to Kitchener to work for a small consulting firm. Since then I have worked for various companies, as both an employee and contractor. This has given me the opportunity to hone my technical, project and interpersonal skills in the financial, insurance, education, medical, consulting and now legal sectors.
As of February this year (2022) I moved to George Town, Grand Cayman to work as a Senior Software Developer for a global law firm.
In my downtime I enjoy the beach, camping, reading, music, visiting new craft breweries and shamefully marathoning shows on Netflix.
Below are just some of the skills I bring to the table.
- HTML & CSS 3 including Bootstrap framework
- Sass & less CSS Preprocessors
- Angular, Vue, React, Knockout, jQuery
- .NET & .NET Core: MVC, Entity Framework, Web API using C#
- Unit and Integration Testing
- SQL Server, Azure SQL, MySQL, Mongo
- Hosting & DevOps (CI/CD) with Microsoft Azure
- Azure Blob Storage
- Source Control with Git
- Software design patterns for testability and scalability
- Overseeing projects in a technical/development lead role
What does all of this mean? I can design and build business solutions ranging from smaller informational or e-commerce websites to large-scale enterprise applications including continuous integration/deployment and service bus architecture.
Interested in discussing photography work or a web project? You can reach me at email@example.com
Photography has been a passion of mine for some time now. Although it can be quite technical I enjoy the creative aspect of it to balance out my tech-heavy days.
I enjoy landscape and portrait photography but street photography has always interested me the most. I love capturing moments of people being themselves. No canned poses or fake smiles.
To see more of my photography check-out my Instagram page.